A miniature figure (also known as a miniature, mini, figure, or fig) is a small-scale representation of a combat unit in Renegade Legion. Miniature figures are commonly made of metal, plastic, or paper. They are used to augment the visual aspects of a game and track position, facing, and line of sight of characters. Miniatures are typically painted and can be artfully sculpted, making them collectible in their own right. The hobby of painting, collecting, and playing with miniatures originated with toy soldiers, though the latter were generally sold pre-painted.
With the advent of 3D printing, Renegade Legion players have been starting to create their own models. Some of the other miniatures are still available from specialised stores.
- Daniel Cleyne has developed Centurion models for custom printing, including the Pallas, Octavian and Augustus tanks.
- Chris Hauser on cults3d.com has a few 3D renders for custom printing, including the Scorpion and Pedden grav tanks. He can also print or cast in metal.
- C-in-C has the original mold Centurion grav tanks.
- LegionsIVhire has the original mold Centurion grav tanks. Also several Liberator and Aeneas proxies.
- Shapeways has a few Centurion grav tanks.
- C-in-C still sells the original mold Interceptor miniatures.c
- LegionsIVhire does as well.
- Chris Hauser on cults3d.com has developed Interceptor CGI 3D models for custom printing, including the Kenderson medium fighter. He can also print or cast in metal.
- MarkyMark Ortiz has a Thingiverse account with Interceptor 3D files.
- Brian Hart has created CGI 3D models of the Renegade Legion: Leviathan capital ships for custom printing free of charge. These models can be found HERE.
- Coet D. Conley produces several Leviathans as 3D prints.
- Markymark Ortiz has the 3D render of a Shiva BB and is working on more.
- There are several Leviathans available on Shapeways.
This is a not-too-complete list of miniatures that can be used as proxies for Renegade Legion tanks, infantry, fighters, or capital ships.
- Daniel Cleyne has 3D renders of a TOG Legionnaire helmet that could be printed and used for miniature conversions. Also a Stikes combat grav sled.
- 15mm Ventauran Star Legion: Possible proxy miniatures for Renegade / Commonwealth infantry. Available from Eureka Miniatures.
- 15mm Venturian Star Legion (the same miniatures) Possible proxy miniatures for Renegade / Commonwealth infantry. Available from Darkest Star Games.
- The (15mm) Pacific Federation troopers from Brigade Models may be used as Renegade / Commonwealth infantry.
- Ground Zero Games´ Xar / Chitters miniatures can be used for Baufrin, with the addition of a second pair of arms. Arms can be sawed off GZG´s Ixx warriors.
- Ground Zero Games´ New Israeli troopers and Battle Robots (15mm) look a lot like TOG legionnaires.
- Old Glory 25s´ Blue Moon 15mm Ildirion Legion can be converted to TOG legionnaires by filing off the crests of their helmets.
- Brigade Models´ Yenpalo infantry (15mm) can also be painted to look like TOG legionnaires.